Saturday, November 8, 2008

St. Achillas

St. Achillas
[no picture available]
Feast day: November 7

OK, *back in action*

This saint was bishop of Alexandria, Egypt. Achillas ordained a man named Arius who then began teaching the heresy of Arianism. When Achillas came to know of these lies Arius was teaching, he defended the faith and was attacked by Arius and another heretical group. After Achillas had passed away, a council in Alexandria condemned Arius and he fled. 

Defending the Faith:
There are times when I'm talking to somebody about our faith and if they, for some reason, are just not comprehending what I'm saying, I let it go.

you know...
"OH! FORGET IT!"  

But yesterday (November 7) I really fought to get my point across. Especially with Obama being elected, most of the stuff I talked about concerned abortion *punches pillow* grawrr I hate the word >_<. Heh.. I wasn't like that when I talked to people .. I kept my temper under control haha. Because I had to open their eyes to the horridness of it.

ANYWAYS.. on. Wednesday? I had some time to myself during which  I was playing with a water bottle.. these were my thoughts:

"It's almost finished, the water inside, I turn it upside down and back straight again. The part where the water doesn't touch is foggy and it bothers be me. So I tip the bottle to send some water to the foggy part and it makes it clear. Satisfied, I return the bottle to it's original state, but after 2 seconds the fog comes back. Frustrated, I do it over and over again but everytime I put the bottle back straight the fog always comes back. 
Lesson of the day:
The water can never be given a break. So if the bottle wants to always stay clear it must always stay wet, with a constant supply of water."

Theresa

No comments: