Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Waiting

k uh.. i know its been a long time heh.. but i'm just gonna write in some thoughts I'm having rt now..

So I'm waiting for my brother to arrive (i haven't seen him in like half a year!) and I'm so very alert, you know? Like if i hear a loud sound outside my brain registers it as a car door slamming and i'm like half up and running out the door to say HIII CHETTA!! lol ... but i notice how intense my alertness is. And i realized this is the feeling of waiting for someone who u really want to see!

So, I've always heard "stay alert! Our Lord is coming again! Never know when!" 
well, today I realized what it means. It means all our senses should be keen and we ourselves should be ready at a moments notice to run to Our Lord, who we all want to see so badly. 

The same way I'm ready to receive mi hermano (I've made myself look decent so he doesn't make fun of me... I've cleaned my room so he doesn't call me a pig.. and I'm all set with the baking recipes and things I need to make whatever cookie he asks of me =D) I should be ready to receive Jesus (I should do my homework in other words) so that when He comes.. I'm not running around trying to get stuff done last minute 
1) cuz I probably won't have that chance
2) cuz then I wouldn't be able to enjoy His presence fully (I'll be so worried about other stuff)
So it's best to be prepared... be the person He wants me to be... clean up my heart... and show Him that I've been doing my homework =D

Now... I say all these things.. and I feel strongly about them.. but putting them into practice is a whole 'nother story. So pray for me.. eh? (as the Canadians say =D)

Theresa

1 comment:

mimi. said...

:D

Prayer ehh? I gotcha ;)