Saturday, November 1, 2008

St. Alphonsus Segovia

St. Alphonsus Rodriguez 

(Feast day October 30)

He was born in Segovia, Spain, on July 25, 1532, the son of a wealthy merchant. After his father passed away he took over the family business, got married and had a son. That son passed away, and two other children did as well and then finally his wife passed away. Alphonsus sold his business and applied to the Jesuits. After he was accepted he underwent novitiate training and served as a hall porter for 24 years!  "Overlooked by some of the Jesuits in the house, Alphonsus exerted a wondrous influence on many. Not only the young students, such as St. Peter Claver, but local civic tad and social leaders came to his porter's lodge for advice tad and direction. Obedience and penance were the hallmarks of his life, as well as his devotion to the Immaculate Conception. He experienced many spiritual consolations, and he wrote religious treatises, very simple in style but sound in doctrine. Alphonsus died after a long illness on October 31, 1617, and his funeral was attended by Church and government leaders. He was declared Venerable in 1626, and was named a patron of Majorca in 1633. Alphonsus was beatified in 1825 and canonized in September 1888 with St. Peter Claver." 
- that was all straight from Catholic.org ... heh =D

so.. 2 days ago (lol)...
I practiced Obedience and being a penetant. I prayed anytime I committed a sin and "little sins" that I would've brushed off or looked over had flashing lights around them. Obedience.. is something that is very hard for me to master lol. It's mostly because I have a hard time setting my mind to do something I don't want to do. I don't have that mentality that others have of :
"Alright! Let me just get it over with fast, so I don't have to deal with it anymore!" 
Lately I've been more like:
 "AWWW MANNN... ARE U SERIOUS...*drudge drudge* ..*fall asleep*"  haha
So, the Obedience part was kinda hard for me and I slipped a few times (I am ashamed :-[ ) but that lead to praying for my sins.. soo maybe something good came out of it? =D
Angel: "Just keep telling yourself that, Theresa..."
-__-

ANYWAYS so, because of this whole obedience thing... I did some reflecting on WHY I'm such a lazy bum who can't focus on anything but the computer. And that's just it! I spend a LOT of time on the computer looking up random stuff, talking to people, watching bloggers on youtube and trying to get inspiration to DO something. But by the time i find inspiration I'm so like.. blahhhh.. from all the time on the computer that I fall asleep. Or all the time I spend on the computer has made me develop some kinda ADD or something lol. 
SO, right after this, I'm gonna go do school work, do some stuff with my room I've been wanting to do, read my Bible and THEN MAYBE I'll get on the computer! (Willpower don't fail me now!)

I've also started running everyother morning to get my energy up. 
"Acedia.. look it up" -my brother lol
I WILL NO LONGER BE ACEDIC/ ACEDIAC/ ACIDIC?????... anyways.. you know what I mean.. haha

Theresa

No comments: