Monday, October 27, 2008

St. Frumentius of Ethiopia

ETHIOPIA!? ... cool ^ -^

St. Frumentius



St. Frumentius was on a ship traveling on the Red Sea with his brother St. Aedius when they were the only two to survive a SHIPWRECK on the ETHIOPIAN shore! They were brought to the King as objects of "curiosity" and soon St. Aedius was made Royal cup bearer (??) and St. Frumentius was made Secretary. Even after the King died the two stayed on the team to serve the Queen. The Queen allowed them to introduce Christianity to the country and open trade to the West. St. Frumentius convinced St. Anthanasius to send missionaries from Alexandria to Ethiopia, was made Bishop of Ethiopia, converted many and set the strong foothold of the faith in the country. 

K so more like.. thoughts.. from this =D:

1) check out how God works... Shipwrecked on the Ethiopian shore! Coincidence? I think not. That was God working through their lives and now the two men are the "Apostles of Ethiopia"! 
Makes us think when God will unexpectedly gear us towards His plan for us... or maybe he already is O_o. Ugh.. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and frankly... my head hurts when I think about it so, NEXT!
2) Reading about this holy guy reminded me that I'm supposed to be converting people too. As always, I started off doing really well after Fisher's Of Men but lately, I've been so selfish and have only been thinking of deepening my own conversion. I need to pick up that Bible, review my F.O.M. notes, pray for my cause and get to work!!

No comments: